Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A link to a nice cruising log.

Here's a link to a cruise that Dick and his friend Dennis sailed around Deer Isle in the opposite direction as Jennifer and I sailed.


2009 Maine Cruise: Dick Harrington's log - 1


We had run into them on Eggemoggin Reach as we made a shakedown daysail before our cruise. Dick has written and mapped out a terrific adventure which I know you will enjoy. I found it when I searched our sail number (W2414) and up popped a reference to the meeting in Eggemoggin. I shot a few digital pics, and present them here.





Dick and Dennis got a good look at our rig, and Dick mentioned he knew a few ways to speed things up for us. As we chatted, both over the gunwhales and the radio, I recognized that they were outpacing us, even with all of the camping gear they carried. We were nearly empty. Below is a photo of us passing in front of the Deer Isle-Sedgwick Bridge, a very beautiful edifice similar to "Galloping Gertie", which famously collapsed on film in the Tacoma Narrows in 1940.

1 comment:

douglas allen said...

thanks Chris, very nice blog