Thursday, September 17, 2009

A night on Rock Island


We sat together with Lucas and Peg, chatting about the waters of Maine, and the darkness grew. Lucas owns one of the many workboats in the harbor, and even brought gear out to the island with the big boat, then moored it and returned in his motor skiff. His boat lay near the high tide line on a big Danforth. Eventually, while camping and in the dark, bed calls out. Jennifer and I set up the tent among spruce trees with sleeping pads and inexpensive sleeping bags, dragged our limited gear into the tent and fell asleep.
I never sleep all that well the first night of camping, but the wind in the trees persuaded me to stay in the tent, even though I should have been alarmed about the little anchor and Juliet. At four o'clock I finally ventured out for the usual reason, as well as to see whether my boat was even there.

1 comment:

1Green Thumb said...

Hey Chris, thanks for the comment on Promoting Your Site, Google Analtyics really is an important tool and let's you know exactly who and where your visitors are coming from... I see u like sailing so u probably like fish too... Have a look at this site I have been working on... http://fishindex.blogspot.com Maybe u have come across a few species that I haven't posted yet... Good luck with your site : )